Sunday, October 7, 2007

We Are What We Eat

I found this article very different from the rest that we have read mostly because it deals with not only the past but the present also. It made me think of a lot of things that I never really realized or thought about before but just took in because it was the “norm.” Reading this helped me to appreciate Columbus maybe more than I already do seeing that he brought over a lot of things such as pigs, cattle, horses, and sheep and opened up a lot of possibilities. It made me think of all the different food that we eat here in America and where they came from and how different cultures are mixed together to create a new cuisine. This reading was educational because it gave a lot of history as to how certain types of foods got to certain locations which shows how and why we eat what we do today and for that reason I am grateful.

No comments: